Tuesday, January 27, 2009

You Learn Something New Everyday

Okay, so this whole "research and write an essay" thing isn't working out. I tend to find stuff out daily, but not enough about them to go in and give a detailed description. So, I've decided that even though I don't know enough to write a book about something I find interesting, I'm simply going to state what I learn each day.

Today, I learned that humans have more body hair than the average chimpanzee. (see, it is a normality). Yep, human hair is just shorter, finer, and not as dark. :D

I also learned that researchers believe that skin darkening was an adaptation of a defense against solar ultraviolet radiation. Melanin is the chemical that produces pigment in the skin and is also an effective sun-block. The skin color of humans today is geographically linked and in general, correlates with the level of ultraviolet radiation. interestinnngggg!

Lyrics to live by:
PINK FLOYD - BREATHE

Breathe, Breathe in the air.
Don't be afraid to care.
Leave but don't leave me.
Look around and choose your own ground.

Long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be.

Run, rabbit run.
Dig that hole, forget the sun,
And when at last the work is done
Don't sit down it's time to dig another one.

For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race towards an early grave


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment