Monday, September 27, 2010

rip Death Canyon trees :/

All around us nature is constantly growing, morphing, changing, viiiiiiibrating and reproducing. We don't see it as it happens because the change happens in small ways....but it's happening and it is constant.

As I hiked and hiked in Grand Teton National Park this summer, I began noticing some of nature's...sex-uality. There were these trees, the White Bark Pine, who demonstrated just how sexual nature is. These trees had the most character out of all the flora I witnessed this summer. They made me happy. They seemed like a community just as unique and diverse as humans. They all had their own personality (not all were sexual but they all seemed to have this naked-ness to them...yes, I understand that they are trees and that trees don't wear clothes but I'm still sticking to that statement: they all seemed to have this naked-ness to them.)

First, a close look at their epidermis. mmmmm. The way I'd notice these trees was by the little bits of yellow and red mixed in. Though, Buford and I did notice that some of the trees I thought were White Bark may not have been....because of the varying pine needles... hmm. anyway.

Photobucket

The momma of them all, the one who started me noticing the physique of these trees, was spotted in Paintbrush Canyon. (after Jake gave me the motivation to power hike [by the way, hiking to the tune of "Big Rock Candy Mountain" makes life easier.] butthole.) :) anyway. yeah. naked momma.

Photobucket


I think these guys were in Cascade Canyon.....hug...?

Photobucket


Result from above. She lives in the Rockefeller Preserve. She's expecting twins!

Photobucket


This is Mr. Lazy Pants. He dwells near Inspiration Point.
Photobucket


He's a little tea pot short and sto......wait.......what? Rockefeller Preserve.

Photobucket

aaaaaaaaaaaaand this just makes me happpyyyyyyyyyy! This was right by Hidden Falls. mmmmroots.

Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment