Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The press of my foot to the earth springs a hundred affections. -Whitman

"I have often noticed that even a few minutes of this self-forgetfulness is tremendously invigorating. I wonder if we do not waste most of our energy just by spending every waking minute saying hello to ourselves." I love Annie Dillard.

So I was just now standing on my chair and stretching. It's so bright outside and the sky is so blue. It feels so good. There are these tiny moments of complete bliss and comfort that come to me through throughout the day. Once I feel them, I realize them, and I try to achieve them again. But, they are never exactly as wonderful as that initial time. Lately I find myself trying to achieve these moments more often. Maybe it's because things have been so hectic that I find a need to consciously calm myself and remind myself to enjoy simple moments.

This reminds me of something I wrote last September..

"When I find something I really like... I want to have it as much as possible. I want to experience it as often as I can. But the thing about that is that having something so often makes you use to it. It could almost make you numb to it. So the way to go...is to have that thing you like so much as little as possible so that it can continue to feel new. It can continue to awe and amaze you. That's hard. That's life."

oh cheese and rice.

Also, clothing made out of animal placentas by Pinar Yolacan.


This artist is both inspiring and reassuring. Having my work called weird and noncommercial is kind of a complement, (I mean, I guess I always knew that...but was never directly told so.) but is also a little disheartening when thinking about having to make a living from it. But it's all gravy. OMG the best bearded guy EVER is riding his bike down my street!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was wearing a golf hat and a blazer. Good day. That was magical. That's a moment that i want to happen again. right now.
Anyway. Placentas.


No comments:

Post a Comment