Monday, November 1, 2010

It's crunch time, like carrots.

Photobucket

I realized my entire dinner was orange. How day-after-festive.

I wanted to post two of my weaving samples I did last Tuesday.

The weave structure of this one is Rose Path, but you can't tell because my wefts are too large. But that's not the exciting part. The exciting part is that I wove it with newspaper and microwaved-POTATO skin- cubes on a string. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

They got really wrinkly and leathery. ...they also taste like burnt flavorless potato chips, and smell of potato. But the even cooler thing is, is that there was no waste! The byproduct was tasty mashed potatoes and broccoli!

Continuing on that path of not wasting is my Double Weave structure. I used grey thread and raw wool/Jamie hair blend yarn, and stuffed the pockets with loose Jamie hair! And, this is a side note, but I really LOVE the smell of my old hair. I hadn't washed it in about 3 days and I think I had been swimming in some Wyoming body of water before I cut it. So it smells of dirty sweaty Wyoming amazingness. It's not stinky I promise. It's great! mmm nostalgia.

Photobucket

also,
This picture:

Photobucket

Now to crunch. Repeat Pattern sketches of CAPPADOCIA, Turkey!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment