Thursday, October 21, 2010

I'm going to a bluegrass festival this weekend. in the woods.

This, my friends, is the tacky sweater vest that I started in Wyoming. :) I had a great time working on it. It's also where most of my money went. mmmmmm pretty yarn. The colors are all inspired by the Wyoming landscape and what I experienced. A lot of the back colors comes from both Yellowstone (Artist Point) and looking close at the white bark pine trees. Once I got to doing to front and needed more yarn I realized that I didn't have the main colors of the mountainous landscape as a whole! The fresh amazing blues and purples of the mountains, the greeeeeeens of the pine trees and the SAGE! Oh I miss the sage and the smell of pine sap. yum. I wish I had some of that under my nose.
Also, note to the knitter: guage of yarn DOES matter. The front came out smaller because all of the yarn I used was smaller and I didn't use a different size needle to compensate. oops.
None the less...YAY:


Photobucket

Photobucket

I miss you Wyoming. I love you everyone.
life is good.

4 comments: