Thursday, June 9, 2011

Oh Wyoming.

It's been a really long time since I've posted anything. I've attempted to a few times.... but I just come up blank. The end of this last semester has been decorated with quite a few self-conscious uncertainties in multiple aspects of my life. But it's also been sprinkled with great times, loving friends, and wonderful experiences...so I guess it balances out.

One thing is for certain, and I know I dote on it a lot... I really miss Moose, Wyoming and all that comes with it. Many of my most favorite people are there together right now enjoying those magical and breathtaking mountains...and I yyyeeeaaaarrrn for it all. Despite the fact that in a little over a month I will be in London and then later South France, when I think about Wyoming I literally feel nervous and weak with want. It's such a weird thing.

To be inside a labyrinth of ginormous masses of earth, on a path which seemed to always lead to a secret water filled bellybutton....where the earth became quieted upon arrival and accomplishment was felt whole heartedly....secrets were shared between a few strangers who'd soon become life long friends. Pasts were shared, lows and highs, aspirations and regrets, but most importantly, the present was shared with the same vigor and amazement. Those feelings I got were so unbelievable, and to know that the breathing life beside me felt the same thing....It's just hard to have words for how it makes me feel now. Wyoming has pushed me so hard, it has taught me so much, and it still touches me every time I see a slight rise on the flat earth, or an elk or a moose, or snow, the moon, ice cream and coffee, cowboy hats, the color sage or anything similar, tree sap, burrowing ants, a lake, baggy pants, bluegrass, pbr, black birds, artichokes, rice crispy treats, and harrison ford...the list could go on forever. That summer will always be with me. breath. On to the next one!

right?

Change is good. Newness is exciting. And I'll be ready when its time. It all just takes time.


bellybutton.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment