Thursday, May 28, 2009

fa fa fa fashion

SO, it's been a pretty intense quarter with my intro to fashion class. But.. I survived and learned ALOT. alot. So it's all gravy.

For one of the assignments we had to find an illustrator we liked and copy him/her to do some fashion sketches of garments we designed whose inspiration came from a particular time period.

The illustrator I chose is a caricaturist named Matt Zitman.

www.mattzitman.com


He did these life drawing sessions and produced some AMAZING amazing amazing drawings that i absolutely fell inloooveeee with. I love his style.
Anyway. You should check out his website and find him on deviantart.

now I'll show you some of what I did.

First, these are some of the croquis.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

yeah
Now, here are the fashion sketches:


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


yuppers.

OKAY NOOOOW for my fiiiiiinaaaaaaal
We had design a garment using only white materials (yes i know that there is a non-white material in my garment.) We had to include some paper element and some fabric element. It was suppose to be sculptural and experimental. I, unfortunately, have discovered and been pointed out as to have a hard time breaking away from a particular silhouette..and so, I agree that for this assignment I kind of failed on that part but for what it is I really like it. I'm proud of it. BUT, I struggled alot with my lack of being able to think away and push out of my box, damn. But I did learn how to crochet...and actually crocheted this pretty long piece that i didn't even end up using.. and I experimented with weaving :D woop.

It's made out of : cheese cloth, muslin, garbage bags, tracing paper, 2 kinds of toole, and weeds from tyb.

Herrrrrrrrre we go.

This is the front with the illustration and the moodboard. (moodboard is from the first project-used as insiration- baskets and Leonardo sketches)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


CHEESE.... (queso!!)

Photobucket


annnnnnnnnddddddd
The Illustration.
:D

Photobucket

Photobucket



:D
yay

I'd also like to share with you the result of sweeping everything that accumulates in a dorm room...under a rug instead of into a trash can. (caughgabbycaugh) btw.. she's going to try to say that most of that is from me..but just because I bring in all kinds of random things from outside...and because that it is probably all from me... doesn't mean that it is.
thank you.

Photobucket


ps i have a website

studentpages.scad.edu/~jbourg20

3 comments:

  1. Apparently that's my problem too. Except you're a far better drawer than I am. *crosses fingers in hopes of an A!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really did like your final and your new style for your croquis or whatever they're called.
    The last drawing is still my favorite - that hair is amazing! However, how you fell in love with creepy-mc-creepsters drawings...I don't know.

    Have fun this summer and MAKE LOTS OF STUFF!
    You post some more awesome artwork and I'll work on new photography (which btw I'm getting a new camera, testing out a Nikon so I think I'll be selling my lovely little Canon :/ bumping up without enough money for a new dslr)

    p.s. that mess is 80% Lamie
    p.s.s. this comment is unnecessarily wordy.






    p.s.s.s
    "sl-sl-sl-sleepy time
    breakk it doowwwnnnn
    yeaaaayyaaaaahhhh....mmmmm, right dur"

    ReplyDelete
  3. well maybe THAT mess was 80% mine but there was mess that was about 120 times worse that belonged to the one and ony gbrilla. tyvm

    (that i cleaned)

    and...your getting rid of your little Canon? or Spealburg?

    and I'll make some stuff :)

    and i miss our duets.

    I sing...but then there's silence because no one is here to continue the tune.

    and playing now is 1 is the lonliest number. how appropriate.

    PEACE OUT gbrill

    ReplyDelete